It’s here!  It’s here!  It’s finally here!

GROUNDHOG DAY!!!

Here on Blueberry Hill this is cause for great excitement.  It’s the day of days!  The moment Phyllis waits for ALL YEAR!

As you may know, this winter on Blueberry Hill has been a crazy one with the weather either unusually balmy for January (you remember those 2 days when it rained and flooded the basement…) or unusually arctic with day after sub-zero day (the vast majority of this frigid January!)

As a result, Some People have spent most of the winter holed up drinking hot chocolate with not-so-mini-marshmallows attempting not to become a groundhog ice cube!

Now, at long last, it’s time to see what everybody’s favorite groundhog has to say: early spring, or 6 more weeks of winter?

And so, Punxsutawney Phyllis, Sage of Sages, Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of Prognosticators, and Weather Prophet Extraordinaire did set forth from her burrow on Blueberry Hill this Sunday February 2, 2014  at 7:25 AM under sunny skies with a calm wind, 82% humidity and 28 degrees, and declare: “There’s my shadow!  6 MORE WEEKS OF WINTER!

Though I am disappointed to hear that winter plans to hang around, I certainly enjoyed watching the show.  Phyllis does everything with flair 🙂  Here she is making her prediction in my Phyllis’s Fun Fashion Show sample (which I totally cheated on by getting my daughter to execute my idea in photoshop because I – shockingly – have not learned how to use it since Monday!)

All Weather Phyllis – idea by me, execution by Katie 🙂

And now, in celebration of Groundhog Day, I want to welcome you to an exclusive showing of top fashion by outstanding designers, some of them very new to the world of fashion – the very hautest in haute couture!

Prepare yourselves…

(and I mean really)

… because here comes Phyllis on the runway!

Please enjoy these fabulous, show-stopping designs, and then vote for your favorite at the end!

#1 Steampunk Phyllis by Stacy

#21 Princess Phyllis Organa by Erik

#22 Gala Phyllis by Meg

#23 Square Dance Phyllis by Penny

#24 Chef Phyllis by Neighbor Girl

#25 Dragon Tail Phyllis by Sue M

#26 Fashion Phyllis Extravaganza by the Maynard Kids

Wow!  That is a lot of fashion designing talent!  You guys are amazing!  Please vote for your favorite in the poll below by Tuesday February 4 at 5PM EST!  Prizes will be awarded Wednesday during Would You Read It!

Happy Groundhog Day Everyone!  And may spring be in your hearts 🙂

73 thoughts on “Happy Groundhog Day! Early Spring Or 6 More Weeks? AND Phyllis’s Fun Fashion Show!

Hey! So nice to see you! Thanks for stopping by 🙂 And yes – I hear you! Even in NY we'd be pretty psyched if winter was actually over for good in 6 weeks! You stay warm too! And happy groundhog day 🙂

2. Catherine says:

These are all wonderful! I love those periscopes, neat idea. Boo hoo to six more weeks of winter.
    Thanks for a great celebration, Susanna!

3. Pamela Courtney says:

Oh! Oh! Oh! This was SO MUCH FUN!! It is so obvious everyone had a blast. I totally needed this smile today. Susanna thank you for these hair brained schemes of yours. Although I loved them all, being from Louisiana it won't be hard to guess who I voted for. I cannot tell how big my grin was as I scrolled down this page to the end. And the detail in Nata's, WOW and WHOA! Well done, everyone. Thank you Susanna.

I know – wasn't that so clever? I love that! With her all snug in her hammock reading and never having to set foot out in the snow to check for shadows 🙂 Thanks for joining in with your gorgeous drawings, and apologies for the 6 more weeks but Phyllis has to call 'em as she sees 'em! 🙂

5. patientdreamer says:

oooh… this was hard. Such a great choice of fashion pics. Sorry to hear you have still another 6 weeks of winter. Actually that means I still have as much as 6 weeks of summer…yay! (sorry)

6. Teresa Robeson says:

All those are so clever and fun! I knew I wouldn't get around to dressing Phyllis. Heck, I barely got done what I really needed to do. :}

You crack me up, Susanna! I also can't believe you haven't learned and mastered Photoshop in a week…it's not like you had anything else to do, right? 😉

I usually find a way to vote for one or two when it comes to these competitions but Phyllis's fashion show is just too difficult. I have to bow out of the voting part because so many of the entries are so extraordinary that picking just one is too heart-wrenching.
    I'm so sorry 😦
    Not too thrilled about the 6 more winter but okay, thanks for the heads up, Phyllis 🙂

8. Cathy Mealey says:

Such a fab fashion show Phyllis! ((applause, applause)) It's impossible to choose one wonderful outfit over another!
    I do hope Phyllis will put down the umbrella, however. I see lightning in the distance and wouldn't want her to get zapped!

9. Cathy C. Hall says:

Well, that was entirely too difficult for a Monday morning. 🙂 (But I did my best. What a great bunch of designers!)

This definitely has to be an annual event, Susanna…every entry was a blast! Lots of fun…hard to pick just one. 🙂 And I loved seeing a number of designs from kids…how cool was that!

11. pennyklostermann says:

Voting completed! Such a hard decision!!! I loved them all but I really loved two of them a little more than I loved the others and I could only vote on one!!! Thanks for the fun, Susanna!

12. Genevieve says:

Wow! GREAT costumes. Deciding was difficult, but I did it. And yes, I tested to see if I could vote for more than one. Nope.

13. Janet Johnson says:

Wow, Phyllis has been busy! Love the pictures.
    Though seriously, she and I need to talk. This 6 more weeks of winter thing won't work for me. 😉

14. Tracy Campbell says:

Happy Ground Hog Day, Phyllis! Drat though…six more weeks of winter. What a wonderful lineup of artwork. Can't wait to see you wins. It was very hard having to make a choice. 🙂

Here's how I look at it, Tracy: last year the groundhogs all called for an early spring and they were totally wrong… so who's to say they're any more right this year? Spring could be right around the corner 🙂