Enjoy The Day!

Good Morning, Everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Saturday was cold, rainy, and windy, but yesterday, for the first time, it felt like spring was coming.  The peepers are out, and that’s always a good sign 🙂

Now it’s Monday.  We all have a busy week ahead.  And things have been pretty busy and hectic on this blog for the last couple weeks so I thought to myself, we could probably all use a break!

So, grab a good book and a cup of tea, hot or iced, settle yourself in right here,

and enjoy the day 🙂

If you really NEED something to do, ponder the upcoming Illustrators Contest which promises to be tons of fun and spread the word to any illustrators you know 🙂

See you Wednesday for Would You Read It and Straight From The Editor!

Have a marvelous Monday everyone 🙂

25 thoughts on “Enjoy The Day!

1. coleen patrick says:

Happy Monday, Susanna! The other night I started doodling something that goes along with one of the fractured fairytales. I don't know what will come of it, or if I even qualify (not being an illustrator), but I'm having fun simply from your prompt!!

2. Wendy Greenley says:

The hammock looks lovely, but we have your cold rain today. Donning layers and tea will be hot, not iced.

3. Teresa Robeson says:

I'm forced to carpe diem because I don't know the Latin word for “enjoy.” 😉 I'd love to say that I'll recline on the hammock and read your hubby's book, but I'll be lucky if I can read even a short picture book today. I do look forward to reading that though. 🙂

4. Catherine says:

Lovely! Just what we all need Susanna! I made a lame attempt at the competition but I don't think it will be worth entering. Have a lovely day!

You're very kind, Teresa! He will be thrilled to know that. He is quite certain now that he's put all the time and effort in that no one will ever read it. Plus he's upset because after checking and rechecking and rechecking he found typos yesterday in the Kindle version!

Ooh! I'm so glad, Coleen! And of course you may enter anything you draw – there are no rules as to who qualifies as an illustrator. I would only say that if you're not a serious illustrator and you happen to win, you might trade prizes with someone who is since 1st prize is a portfolio critique – not so useful if you don't have a portfolio 🙂

7. Teresa Robeson says:

I think my SF grp buddy said it was fairly easy to go into Amazon and put an updated version up. Tell Eric not to worry. I've seen traditionally published books from big publishers with typos!

I know. I said the same thing! But when it's your book with your name on it that you've worked so hard on, it's disappointing to see when you've overlooked something in spite of trying to be so careful!

What a perfectly pastoral spot, Susanna! Sounds like good advice. 🙂 Please make sure you take it!!!!!!!

10. Patricia Tilton says:

Love the photo — I think we can say spring is around the corner, event though it's pouring rain right now and is in the 50s. We're getting there.

11. This_Kid_Reviews_Books_Erik says:

So peaceful… Yesterday I helped my Karate instructor build a patio for our end of year show. I liked being outside. 😀

12. Ruth Schiffmann says:

Lovely photo. We're not quite there yet, but I did get to go out without a coat today. Woot, Woot! Happy Monday to you Susanna =)

13. Tina DC Hayes says:

So glad spring is finally making an appearance. Looking at the picture makes me hope it stays warm enough so I can use my hammock again pretty soon. Have a great week!