Look at me, sneakily sliding in a blog post on a Thursday afternoon!
Probably no one will see it, but I really had to post this. I’ve let too much time go by already!
Anyone who has spent much time around my blog knows that I am full of ideas and hare-brained schemes and always busy with about 47 more things than I actually have time for because there are just always so many interesting things to do!
This would work out fine if I was one of those hyper-organized types, but alas, I am not.
In my case, creativity comes with chaos 🙂
And although I can generally pretty much manage the chaos, occasionally things (and when I say things I mean my horrifying email inbox) get the better of me, and something slips through the cracks.
I was going through said horrifying inbox and discovered these lovely gems in the cracks!
In the past month or so, I was very kindly nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Rachel Tey over at Reading Rachel, Dayne Sislen at Dayne Sislen Designs, and Linda Eve Diamond at The Beauty Of The Picture Book! Imagine that! ME! A Very Inspiring Blogger!
I am so touched! And I thank you all so much! It means a great deal to me that you would bestow such an award on me.
One of the nicest things is that these lovely people have been reading (and apparently enjoying) my blog very quietly in the background and I didn’t even know it! Now I’ve had the opportunity to meet 3 bloggers I didn’t know before 🙂
Of course as always with these awards there are all kinds of rules. I’m supposed to tell 7 facts, and nominate 15 more bloggers, and you all know how I feel about that: I can never think of 7 interesting things to say, and I never like to single out just 15 of the many, many bloggers I know and love because I feel like everyone deserves the award. So if you want it, please help yourself and know that I find you all Very Inspiring!
As for the 7 facts, hmmm….
How about some current stuff? I don’t promise to be interesting 🙂
1. I am currently reading Just One Evil Act by Elizabeth George. It is good, but very long, and I never have enough time to read, so it’s taking me a while to get through. Next on my list is First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen.
2. My brother gave me a year of Audible for Christmas (awesome present!!!), and the first book I listened to in the car (no trouble finding time for THAT because I am ALWAYS in the car!) was The Baker’s Daughter by Sarah McCoy which I loved and highly recommend. I especially loved the narrator because she did all the voices and accents so well. If I’d read the book to myself, I would have gotten the names of all those German baked goods completely wrong! 🙂
3. I recently discovered that I like avocados – not necessarily plain, but in stuff. Who knew?
4. I should never be put in charge of taking care of house plants. They are way too quiet and fail to tell me when they need attention… which spells their imminent demise. (And yes, this is unfortunately current. There’s some kind of plant with pink flowers next to the kitchen table which is not looking at all well. But since it happened to catch my eye, I did just water it. Maybe I have brought it back from the brink. There’s always hope :))
5. The most recent movie I watched was Non-Stop starring Liam Neeson. On DVD of course because it’s probably ancient by now. I literally cannot remember the last time I went to a movie. It may have been July when I saw The 100 Foot Journey, which I really liked.
6. I haven’t written a new manuscript I like enough to call finished in way too long.
7. I am ready for Spring. Right now. Today! Maybe because the temperature is dropping steadily and is expected to be between -5 and -10 by tonight 🙂
7.5 Because I just thought of this… 🙂 I’ve got a couple of ideas in the works which I’m hoping to share with you all soon… maybe by the end of February? But one never knows… 🙂
Many, many thanks to Rachel, Dayne, and Linda for the awards, and to all of you who show up and read faithfully, whether you comment or not. Knowing you’re out there reading makes it all worth while and I appreciate each and every one of you!
Have a happy rest of Thursday, and if you live in my neck of the woods, STAY WARM! 🙂