A Link List Experiment

Hi Everyone!

Please forgive this odd post, but I’m trying to figure out how to get a link list on this blog that will work for PPBF and the contests.

Here’s an experimental list powered by Linky Tools.

Anyone who wants is welcome to add their blog url to the link list.  I’m hoping at least a few people will be willing because I want to see how the list looks, and find out whether you guys find it easy or annoying to use.  I think it’s going to take you off my site to enter your blog url… but then I’m hoping the list itself will show up here.

Fingers crossed…!  And thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to try it and give feedback!

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…

36 thoughts on “A Link List Experiment

• Susanna Leonard Hill says:

Thanks so much for trying, Joanne. I really appreciate it. I’m thinking this *could* work with some explanation, but it’s not ideal… I really wanted the list to appear on the blog, and I don’t think wordpress will allow that for security reasons 😦

1. Gabi Snyder says:

Susanna, there’s a little clickable note (Click here to find out why this list is being displayed on a separate page from the blog) .on the Linky LIst page in the upper left-hand corner that has some information that might be helpful.

2. Wendy says:

I had no problems with it Susanna. The only thing that stopped me was the line that said “click here to enter” –it sounded like a contest. It didn’t say to enter your information, to enter your link.

• Susanna Leonard Hill says:

Hmm… that’s the way linky tools is designed. I don’t think I can change that. I’m working on another idea with a google form. Lucky you guys will probably get to try that out in the next day or two and see which you prefer 🙂 Thank you for trying, Wendy!

• Susanna Leonard Hill says:

I know. That is very disappointing. Apparently the only work-around for that is to have a self-hosted wordpress site, and I’m not sure I’m up for that… But I’ve got another idea up my sleeve that I’m hoping to try out in the next few days. Stay tuned! 🙂

• Susanna Leonard Hill says:

Glad it worked, Donna! I’m just trying to figure out a good way to have a link list for Perfect Picture Book Fridays and for the writing contests… WordPress is not too accommodating about these things for security reasons, it seems!

3. Jilanne Hoffmann says:

I didn’t have a new post to enter, but I pretended that I did. When I clicked on “click here” I saw the entire group of entries on the Linky Tools list. Maybe if you made another page instead of another WP website? Hmmmm. Have you talked to any of the WP gurus?

• Susanna Leonard Hill says:

I’m glad it works for you, Mike! But I’m not sure I like that it takes you off site and you can’t see it until you click over to it… I’ll have to explain that above every linky list so that people who just want to click the links without adding one of their own will still click over to see the list…

4. Micha Klann Illustrations/ Illustrationen für Kinder says:

I had no problem to enter my link. But I had to try several times to make a comment.

• Susanna Leonard Hill says:

I had watched this video, Stacy. I followed the steps and it worked perfectly… just takes you off site to enter your link, and then the link list remains off site where you can’t see it – so not ideal for my purposes. I want people to be able to see the list, so that they’ll use it even if they don’t have a link to enter themselves. For now, I’m going to try it with a note, but I’m looking for a better solution! Thank you so much, though, as always, for being so helpful!!! 🙂