I never post on Saturday!
Well, hardly ever. . .
But today is a special day.
We’re having a baby shower!
Because. . .
COMING SOON. . .
Yes! It’s true!
I’m having a book!
Come on. . .
Have a look at the ultrasound!
Isn’t it cute?
It’s not due until October 25th, but I couldn’t wait to give you a little peek!
Even though it seems like forever when I’m so looking forward to meeting this baby in real life, October 25th is just a little over 4 weeks away. And after 9 years (yes, you read that right, Guinness Book of World Records gestation 🤣) oh! how I want this book baby to get a good start in the world!
If you’d like to give it a baby shower gift, here are a few ideas:
- Click HERE to add it to your Good Reads “Want To Read” Shelf and help create a little buzz!
- Share the cover on Social Media so lots of people get to see this soon-to-be-here li’l cutie!
- Ask your local public or school library to order a copy! Libraries want books on their shelves that their communities want to read.
- Ask your local bookstore to order copies! Bookstores do not automatically stock every title.
- Mention it to your friends (especially parents and grandparents, teachers, and librarians)! Word of mouth will help this baby find the love it needs!
- Pre-Order A Copy (or two!)! Pre-orders count toward a book’s first sales week, and how a book does in its first week can determine whether it thrives or languishes. A high sales rank out of the starting gate gains the book traction and visibility, which helps more readers to see it and, hopefully, bring it into their homes and hearts.
As a small thank you for helping my little one get a good start, I want to give a little present to YOU!
I will give away 3 personalized signed copies to 3 randomly selected winners who do one or more of the above and let me know about it in the comments below. You get a chance for each thing you do. Tag me if you post on social media so I see you (I’m on FB, Twitter, and Instagram). Let me know what bookstore or library you asked to order a copy so I know where my Alphababy might turn up. And if you preorder, let me know that too and I’ll be happy to send you a personalized signed bookplate to place inside your book – for yourself or for the little one, preschool, school, or library you purchase it for.
I will draw the winners in 2 weeks on Sunday October 9th. I’m hoping I might have books by then. . . but I might not. . . so the winners may have to wait just a little for their present!
❤️ Thank you all so much in advance for helping me celebrate this upcoming arrival! I’m so excited about it, and I hope you’re going to love it as much as I do!
(P.S. ALPHABEDTIME will be having a little blog tour between October 25th and November 15th or so, and there will be more chances for giveaways then!)
Enjoy your weekends, everyone, and thank you again! 😊
A few details about the book if you’re interested:
written by Susanna Leonard Hill
illustrated by Betsy Snyder
Nancy Paulsen Books/Penguin Random House
October 25, 2022
Bedtime is busy for the Alphabet family – after all, there are 26 kiddos to tend to. A, B, and C declare they are not ready, and Impish I and Jazzy J just don’t want to settle down, but by toothbrushing time the crew seems to be headed in the right direction. Of course, there is still bath time which is super splashy, and getting into jammies which is no joke. But finally, after a story’s been read and they are tucked in tight, peace reigns. Or does it? Toddlers are sure to get a kick out of this lively Alpha-family – and hopefully following each and every letter’s antics will tucker them out!
This spirited family is full of personality. . . . The illustrations capture the bustle of a house bursting with children. . . . The rhyming text bounces along, an easy read-aloud, with rich vocabulary like impish, jazzy, and scramble making for a fun, silly, relatable read with detailed, appealing illustrations. . . . A playful approach to teaching kids the alphabet.” —Kirkus Reviews