We made it, my friends!
7 weeks of writing – check! √√√
And we are going to CELEBRATE!
Dance along with the animal marching band!
Help yourself to some ice cream. . .
. . . and ask bunny for a balloon – you know you want one! 😊
Now that you are dancing with a balloon while eating ice cream, let’s talk about how amazing you are! 😊 For starters, you are extraordinarily coordinated! 😊
But let’s look at the stats, shall we?
7 weeks of writing!
74 writers who participated in at least one week!
47 writers who completed the whole 7 Week Challenge!
4 writers who wrote 1 or more extra entries – 1 who wrote 5 extras!
some number I didn’t have time to count of writers who participated last year and this year (I’ll have to add that in…!)
394 stories written altogether!
And more than 2200 comments you left for each other to support, encourage, admire, and cheer each other’s efforts!
I mean, that is something to be proud of! You guys all did a fantastic job, writing so many wonderful, entertaining, creative stories filled with humor, heart, cleverness, rhyme, nonfiction elements, and unexpected surprises while simultaneously supporting each other! Way to go!
When any of these stories turn into published picture books, I wish to be informed! 😊
So now it’s time for my favorite thing! Handing out prizes!
Since 47 people completed the challenge and I didn’t have that many prizes, I got creative so everyone who qualified could get a prize. Of course, you have all already gotten a prize just by writing all these new stories, getting your creativity flowing, getting to read everyone else’s work, and getting to tell people how much you loved their stories while hearing how much they loved yours! I hope a whole pile of new books will come out of this little fun fest 😊
I put all your names in one hat, and all the prizes in another, and randomly drew a name and a prize to go with it until I ran out. The prizes are all listed below so you can see them in all their glory and appreciate the talented and generous people who offered them. And then the names of the winners and the prize they won are listed at the bottom. I’m hoping it will be clearer this way then it was last year!
Scroll along and look for your name to see what you won, and then email me using the handy contact form on my website (or my email address if you know it) subject line Prize and I’ll get everything sorted out with the mailing and getting in touch with critiquers and etc and whatnot!
Please join me in thanking these very generous authors and other writing professionals for contributing their books and writing expertise as prizes by visiting their websites and blogs, considering their books and services for gift purchases, rating and/or reviewing their books on GoodReads, Amazone, B&N, or anywhere else if you like them, suggesting them for school visits, and supporting them in any other way you can dream up! 😊
⭐️ Picture Book Critique from Penny Parker Klostermann, the lovely and talented author of THERE WAS AN OLD DRAGON WHO SWALLOWED A KNIGHT (Random House 2015) and A COOKED-UP FAIRY TALE (Random House 2017)
⭐️ 30 Minute Q&A with Penny Klostermann
⭐️ Picture Book MS Critique from Jen Raudenbush, agented writer of picture books, middle grade, and poetry. (Represented by Natascha Morris of The Tobias Literary Agency)
⭐️ Picture Book MS Critique OR Query Letter Critique (Winner’s Choice) from the lovely and talented Sara Kruger!
⭐️ 30 minute Zoom chat about anything industry related (manuscript, query letter, best practices for querying) with Becky Scharnhorst, amazing author of MY SCHOOL STINKS (Philomel Books, July 6, 2021)
⭐️Picture Book Manuscript Critique with Audio Recording by author and poet Sarah Meade Sarah will do a written critique of your manuscript and include an audio recording of her first read-through of the manuscript. The audio recording is to help the author hear how the story flows and/or where a new reader may stumble when reading aloud.
⭐️ A copy of Mary Kole’s Writing Irresistible Kidlit: The Ultimate Guide to Crafting Fiction for Young Adult and Middle Grade Writers, donated by Nicole Loos Miller
⭐️ Making Picture Book Magic Self Study Class (any month) (x 3)
⭐️WHAT’S THE STORY CARDS created by yours truly 😊 Inspiration for writers to download and print. The ultimate mix ‘n’ match. You’ll never be stuck for an idea again! (x 13)
⭐️A copy of BINDU’S BINDIS by Supriya Kelkar
⭐️A copy of PHOEBE DUPREE IS COMING TO TEA! by Linda Ashman
⭐️A copy of THE LITTLE KITTEN by Nicola Killen
⭐️ A personalized signed copy of MOON’S FIRST FRIENDS by yours truly
⭐️ A personalized signed copy of MARS’ FIRST FRIENDS by yours truly
⭐️ Magnetic Poetry – Little Box of Happiness (x 3)
⭐️Picture Book Writers Rock! Mug for the writing fuel of your choice! 😊 (x 3)
⭐️Writing Journal (with a side of prompts 😊) (x 6)
- Katie Schwartz – What’s The Story Cards
- Bru Benson – Making Picture Book Magic Self Study
- Allison Strick – What’s The Story Cards
- Jill Lambert – Making Picture Book Magic Self Study
- Barbara Farr Renner – What’s The Story Cards
- Rose Cappelli – BINDU’S BINDIS
- Lauri Meyers – Making Picture Book Magic Self Study
- Elizabeth Meyer zu Heringdorf – WRITING IRRESISTIBLE KIDLIT
- Ashley Sierra – Zoom Chat with Becky Scharnhorst
- Susan E. Schipper – Writing Journal with Prompts
- Dawn Young – What’s The Story Cards
- Colleen Owen Murphy – SASSAFRAS AND HER TEENY TINY TAIL (personalized and signed)
- Amy Leskowski – Picture Book Writers Rock Mug
- Sarah Meade – SLOTH AND SQUIRREL IN A PICKLE
- Sue Lancaster – Writing Journal with Prompts
- Dianne Irving – Writing Journal with Prompts
- Deb Buschman – Picture Book Writers Rock Mug
- Elenore Byrne – Picture Book Manuscript Critique from Jen Raudenbush
- Padgy Soltis – Picture Book Manuscript Critique and Audio Recording from Sarah Meade
- Erika Romero – What’s The Story Cards
- Robin Currie – MOON’S FIRST FRIENDS (personalized and signed)
- Brenna Jeanneret – How To Write Powerful First Pages Like A Pro Webinar
- Michelle S. Kennedy – What’s The Story Cards
- Nicole Loos Miller – THE LITTLE KITTEN
- Marty Bellis – Picture Book Writers Rock Mug
- Susan Summers – Writing Journal with Prompts
- Sally Yorke-Viney – Magnetic Poetry Little Box of Happiness
- Marta Cutler – What’s The Story Cards
- JC Kelly – What’s The Story Cards
- Sarah Hawklyn – What’s The Story Cards
- Ashley B. Pedigo – Magnetic Poetry Little Box of Happiness
- Lyn Jekowsky – A FLOOD OF KINDNESS
- Jen Subra – Magnetic Poetry Little Box of Happiness
- Laura Bower – What’s The Story Cards
- Sara Kruger – Writing Journal with Prompts
- Bevin Rolfs Spencer – Picture Book Manuscript Critique OR Query Letter Critique from Jenny Buchet
- Isabel Cruz Rodriguez – THERE WAS AN OLD DRAGON WHO SWALLOWED A KNIGHT
- Lauren Scott – What’s The Story Cards
- Linda Schueler – Writing Journal with Prompts
- Hannah Roy LaGrone – Picture Book Manuscript Critique from Penny Klostermann
- Aly Kenna – PHOEBE DUPREE IS COMING TO TEA!
- Marty Findley – Picture Book Manuscript Critique OR Query Letter Critique from Sara Kruger
- Mia Geiger – MARS’ FIRST FRIENDS (personalized and signed)
- Jeannette Suhr – 30 Minute Q&A with Penny Klostermann
- Joyce Uglow – MAKING THEIR VOICES HEARD
- Erin Cleary – What’s The Story Cards
- Deb Sullivan – What’s The Story Cards
Please be a little patient – it’s going to take me awhile to sort out 47 prizes but I will do it as quickly as I can! 😊 And if anyone thinks I screwed up (entirely possibly given the juggling act life is right now 😊) please let me know!!!
I hope you all had as much fun with the Mix ‘n’ Match as I did!
And although I hope to see you here for Tuesday Debuts through August 3, things will quiet down here on the blog for July and August, so have a wonderful, happy, healthy, writing-filled summer everyone!!! 💕