I feel like a flibbertygibbet.
I don’t know exactly what that is (or how to spell it :)) – something the nuns called Maria in The Sound Of Music 🙂 – but that’s what I feel like!
So today’s Short & Sweet is going to be very short and sweet because I have a school visit and 47 million things to get done before I go (no, I am not exaggerating! :))
|badge created by Loni Edwards|
Pick one (or all if you’re feeling ambitious :)) of the following actual openings of actual books (well, I changed some names) and write 3-5 sentences of your own story starting with that opening, AND/OR a brief synopsis of what your story would be about. (I’m not telling you what books they’re from because if you knew that might bias the direction of your story or, worse, limit you!)
1. “Ouch!” said Princes Amelia as she stabbed herself with the needle.
2. One day four big chickens peeked out the coop window and saw a wolf sneak into the farmyard.
3. Violet was a little white cat with bright green eyes.
4. “There she is!” Mandy whispered excitedly. “She’s coming back!”
5. Rocky and Blossom lived in a meadow on the mountain.
6. In the moon of the raspberries in a long time ago a baby sleeps, dreaming.
7. Cyrus Squirrel stood at the edge of the forest and cried.
Example: first 3-5 sentences starting with #7:
Cyrus Squirrel stood at the edge of the forest and cried.
His fur was wet.
His paws were cold.
He was hungry.
He was lost.
But worst of all, his brother Stewie and tricked him again!
Example: synopsis starting with #1:
“Ouch!” said Princess Amelia as she stabbed herself with the needle.
Synopsis: Princess Emmeline from the neighboring kingdom is coming to visit and Princess Amelia wants to impress her. But Princess Amelia is not good at sewing. She is not good at dancing. Her table manners make the dogs look like royalty. And no matter how hard she tries, her hair always seems to be messy and her gown always seems to have dirt on it. How will she get Princess Emmeline to like her?
I hope you’ll have fun with this! Can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Happy writing 🙂