Good Monday, All!
So nice of you to pop by!
Remember on Friday I told you I had exciting news to share?
I’m guessing that’s why you’re here.
Because of the exciting news I promised.
I said, “Come on over as soon as you wake up!”
And look! Here you are!
You’re so wonderful 🙂
Guess what I did?
No, really! Guess!
Never mind. I’ll tell you.
I made up a song!
Want to hear it?
Well, not actually hear it – I didn’t have time to make a video or a recording – but hear it in the sense that I can tell you the tune and the words and you can imagine me singing it to you…
Yes? Are you ready?
Okay. The tune is “The Bear Went Over The Mountain” (because I live on a mountain, as you may recall, and I saw a bear a little over a week ago, which you may also recall.)
OH. . . !!!!!!!
The dog went over the mountain
The dog went over the mountain
The dog went over the mounTAIN….
Because she saw a bear!
Thank you. Thank you very much!
So, what do you think?
Are you amazed?
I’m pretty amazed with myself, I have to tell you. It’s not every day someone writes a song like that! (Hey! Did someone say, “Thank goodness!”? I heard that! Keep it nice, people. We can’t all be as musically gifted as I am, but that’s no reason to unleash the green-eyed monster!)
So I can now add “Songwriter” to my resume!
Happy sigh 🙂
Alrighty. See you on Wednesday for Would You Read It.
Unless you’ve got nothing to do right now. . .
. . . and you’re feeling reluctant to leave because you enjoyed my song so much that you want to hear it again. . .
. . . and you’re also thinking that maybe… just MAYBE… you’d like to hear about. . .
(Oh, golly! That was fun while it lasted! Hehehe!). . .
|Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!|
– A picture book manuscript read and critique by Shari Dash Greenspan, Editor of the multi-award winning Flashlight Press! I encourage you to sign up for their newsletter HERE!
– A picture book manuscript read and critique by Jennifer Mattson, Agent at Andrea Brown Literary Agency!
– Enrollment in Renee LaTulippe‘s highly praised and recommended Lyrical Language Lab Course (in a month to be mutually agreed upon by the winner and Renee) ($249 value!)
– Enrollment in Jon Bard and Laura Backes’s fantastic Kindle Kids Mastery Course ($197 value!)
– Enrollment in Making Picture Book Magic (my online picture book writing class – in March or a later month to be mutually agreed upon by the winner and me)
– A picture book manuscript critique by fabulous author Amy Dixon, author of MARATHON MOUSE and the forthcoming SOPHIE’S ANIMAL PARADE.
– (Hopefully) 2 or 3 PB MS Critiques from other fabulous authors – TBA
– 2015 Children’s Writer’s & Illustrator’s Market, a signed copy of Boy And Poi Poi Puppy by Linda Boyden, and a $25 Amazon Gift Card.
– a pack of Deb Lund’s amazing Fiction Magic Cards
– another pack of Deb Lund’s amazing Fiction Magic Cards
I can’t thank these editors, agents, authors, and other industry professionals enough for their incredible generosity! Please visit their sites, spread the word of their classes, buy and recommend their books to your friends with kids, and show your appreciation to them in any way you can!
And now! Sharpen those pencils! Top off those coffee mugs! Get those derrieres in your chairs! And start writing those prize-winning entries!!!
I can’t wait for the festivities to begin! 🙂